Speaking of things you probably don't really technically need, the birthday present I ordered myself arrived yesterday! What, might you ask, could that be? Why, a Whirley-Pop of course! And what might a Whirley-Pop be? Only the best way to pop popcorn!
- Healthier - You can control what goes into your popcorn thus steering clear of preservatives and artificial flavorings and colors you might otherwise end up eating
- Cheaper - That whole container of organic popcorn cost me like 4 bucks and will make the equivalent of 6+ bags of microwave popcorn.
- More Versatile - There is an endless array of potential add-ins for stove top popcorn. Anything from maple & bacon, to garlic & butter, to cheese & herb. Maybe some cajun or chipotle seasoning mixed with brown sugar. Go crazy!
- Less Wasteful - No cardboard boxes or paper bags required. You can even re-use your canister when you buy kernals in bulk (I get mine at Whole Foods because they have a reasonably priced organic option).
- Tastier! - Seriously, try it. Try a simple batch of popcorn with melted butter drizzled over the top and a sprinkle of sea salt. You will never look at microwaveable popcorn the same again.
1. A food grinder attachment for my KitchenAid from my mum. I've been wanting to try my hand at making homemade sausage and this little gadget is going to make that possible.
2. Recipe books from the early 1900s from my Gramma. They were her Grandmother's books and they are chock full of intriguing (and sometimes revolting) recipes. Looking forward to trying a few of those out. The best part? There are notes and comments from my great-great-Grandmother in the margins!
3. It's my Whirley-Pop complete with first-ever batch of popcorn inside! My mama-in-law gave me an Amazon gift certificate which I used to purchase this handsome stainless steal contraption. Fresh popped popcorn for all!
In our very first batch of popcorn I used olive oil, sea salt, chopped rosemary, and shredded parmesan and it was hella tasty. It was Dash's first popcorn experience too and he was definitely a fan. Although, it's hard to tell which he enjoyed more: eating it, or throwing it.
Alright, well I'm exhausted from my day of...going to Target...so I guess I'll...go to bed.